I did (with rustys help) change the music system for the mp-maps.
There is no faction specific music anymore. There is a playlist that
does not stop playing when a players turn ends. The randomised
playlist that has to specified in the maps scenario file atm contains
the following pieces of music for every map:
gameplay01.ogg
gameplay02.ogg
gameplay03.ogg
main_menu.ogg

The WML used for this is pasted at the end of the mail. The music tag
does work inside the [multiplayer] tag.
Now only the singleplayer scenarios I wrote about before need to be
change to make the change switch to the new music system complete and
get rid of the old bad music.
Greets,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic

Here is the music WML used in every mp-map:

        [music]
                name=gameplay01.ogg
                ms_before=500
        [/music]