Eric S. Raymond schrieb:
| Lines beginning with > are my friend Ken Burnside odf Ad Astra Games.
|
|> Allright. Downloaded Wesnoth;
|
|> The installation script did not provide an option for it to be visible
|>from an account on the Windows machine other than the Admin account. I
|> was able to go and set permissions so that my non-Admin account could
|> see the file and I could run without it being in a privileged
|> account. Most likely caused by the install wizard creation tool used;
|> not the fault of the programmers, but something they should be aware
|> of.
|
| Issue for the Windows packager, whoever that is

Ah, Windows packaging, how much fun this is...

|> The tutorial is well done. I find the music mildly annoying, but I
|> find most game music annoying. Not being able to toggle settings like
|> music volume from within the tutorial or the game itself is a minor
|> knock.

Uhm, that is possible, you just go to the preferences via the menu button in the
top left corner!

|> I’m reasonably certain there’s a way to scroll around the map without
|> moving units. I’ve not found it by trial and error yet. Documentation
|> doesn’t seem to show it either.
|
| Does map scrolling work on the Windows version at all?

Map scrolling is either via middle mouse click and moving the mouse, moving the
cursor to the game screen corner or by using the arrow keys. All of those ways
should work in Windows, too.

|> Documentation: I recommend adding a documentation page that lets
|> someone mouse over a map and get pop ups explaining what each thing IS
|> prior to starting the tutorial. This is also good for showing
|> locations of things like the End Turn button.
|
| Useful idea.  Dunno if our toolkit can do it.

Yeah, makes sense. But difficult to implement.

|> Contrast issues: Putting black buttons on a dark brown border on top
|> of a black area of the screen is a great way for buttons to get
|> lost. I spent noticable amounts of time trying to find the End Turn
|> button initially, because I simply couldn’t SEE it. Not a major issue,
|> but could definitely be addressed.
|
| I think Kemn has an excellent point here -- the buttons should have a
| more contrasty color.

Yes, the buttons are dark but they fit into the whole theme. That is: no idea
how to change the button color while still keeping it look decent and not like
the ones responsible for choosing the colors came directly from the kindergarten
(hello designers of Microsoft Windows themes...)...

So much about some of the points mentioned.
Cheers,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic