On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 03:17:04PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> David White <d...@whitevine.net>:
> > Rather, we should take an evolutionary approach to matters. Python
> > already exists in Wesnoth, as an AI framework. Developers who think that
> > Python would advantage Wesnoth should simply begin implementing
> > additional components in Python.
>
> I agree.

I also agree.

> I think Ivan's code is a good candidate for merge exactly
> because it leaves most of the existing C++ in place, *not* forcing a
> big bang on us.

Can you then tell me what Ivan's code then exactly does? Boucman and I have
asked Ivan but we didn't get a real answer. So I don't know what it
replaces, but from what I gathered it was replacing a big part of the
Wesnoth. Also I would like to know what the status of the code is, Ivan
told it was experimental but I've no idea how experimental.

--
Regards,
Mark de Wever aka Mordante/SkeletonCrew