On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 09:08:30PM -0300, Ignacio R. Morelle wrote:
> On Friday 02 April 2010 7:37:30 am Mark de Wever wrote:
> >
> > The current behaviour is that the scrollwheel follows the keyboard
> > focus; this means you need to select the widget and then you can use the
> > scrollwheel and regardless where the mouse is it scrolls that widget.
> >
> > The behaviour wanted by some is that the scrollwheel follows the mouse
> > focus; this means it scrolls the widget hovers above and if not above a
> > widget or a non-scrollable widget nothing gets scrolled.
> >

> I'm pretty sure that someone (either you or ilor) asked months ago on IRC
> what
> the behavior should be, and I gave my opinion — which hasn't changed since
> then: the current behavior is dumb and awkward because it forces the user to
> perform an extra click instead of being able to quickly and easily scroll the
> widget like it's done in Qt4 and Gtk2. The current behavior is similar to the
> one used by Windows — one of the reasons I can't stand using it for a single
> minute nowadays.

Since I only had experience with a scrollmouse on Windows I indeed used
that behaviour.

> Note that Qt4 and Gtk2 seem to implement (my) the desired behavior in
> different ways: while using the scrollwheel on an unfocused Qt4 scrollview
> changes the focus to the widget and triggers the scrolling action, on Gtk2
> the
> scrolling occurs without the focus change, as far as I can tell here (Qt4
> 4.5.3 and Gtk2 2.18.9 on Debian squeeze).

I don't intend to change the keyboard focus when scrolling only which
widget to scroll.

Unless somebody complains I will change the scroll behaviour and let it
follow the mouse focus.

--
Regards,
Mark de Wever aka Mordante/SkeletonCrew