On Mar 14, 2010, at 9:23 PM, Gabriel Morin wrote:

> The task could include computing a direction for water flow if it's
> really needed for realistic looks, or adding the necessary UI to the
> map editor so the artist can set up things to obtain the same
> effect. My HOMM map editing experience is far away, but I remember
> you just drew rivers or placed water, and the editor took care of
> the rest.

I have nothing against the idea of moving water as long as any
arbitrary configurations of water/land were still allowed, but i'd
estimate this would have a very unfavorable effort-to-benefit ratio
compared to many other effort to improve the appearance of Wesnoth.

Animated water is much better than static.  Animated water that flows
in particular directions is a little better still-- but a whole lot
more work.

-jwb