On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 03:56:07AM -0700, Noy wrote:
> Hello all
>
> In discussion with the developers we've come to the conclusion that we
> need to have a meeting to resolve the licensing issue. I've taken it
> upon myself to get this organized on IRC. So here are the preliminary
> particulars, subject to change.

Thanks for doing so, which chan will it be? #wesnoth-dev or a special
invitation only chan?

> Date and time: Sunday August 1st, 1600gmt. That should make it
> workable for most people around the globe, but if people have problems
> we can look at changing the date. 1600GMT puts it into the late
> evening for people in South Asia, and around 8am for the West Coast of
> North america. Given these strictures, moving the time of day will be
> difficult, but which exact day might be more manageable.

I'm not sure whether I can be around that day, but my weekends are
pretty filled already. If I can't be around I'd like to get the logs
(if the meeting isn't in #wesnoth-dev).

> Topic: The focus of this meeting will be to determine what are the
> wishes of the Wesnoth developers on this issue. I cannot stress this
> enough; we want to avoid rehashing the debate regarding legality or
> appropriateness we've seen online the past couple of weeks. I think we
> can all agree that there is a clear deliniation of positions at this
> point and spending more time on it will likely turn out to be
> unproductive.

I think it is important to know whether or not there actually is a
license violation and if so what kind of violation exactly. Did anybody
actually ask Apple to obey the rules of the GPL and if so what happened
to that request?

> Thus the general aim is to determine what the stakeholders want, and
> agree on a general policy for such issues in the future.

Ok.

--
Regards,
Mark de Wever aka Mordante/SkeletonCrew