On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 06:58:22PM -0800, David White wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:33 AM, Eric S. Raymond <e...@thyrsus.com> wrote:
>
> > On IRC I have heard two different kinds of attempt to argue away this
> > denial. One was "but it's just described as a guideline, not a hard
> > quota".  This will not wash; we asked the GitHub admins if they are
> > willing to host a 1.4GB repo and they said *no*.
>

> Who and where did we ask the github admins this and they said no? The only
> conversation I'm aware of on these lines is between Mordante and the github
> admins here:
> http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38361&sid=b43cc05cff042cc33f88651cfb913f88
> and
> they said "Thanks Mark! If you try to get it as close as you can to around
> 1GB, we'd appreciate it!"
>
> Is there some other conversation I'm unware of?

No that was all the communication I had with GitHub and I'm not aware of
others of having a conversation with GitHub. From that conversation I
reached the same conclusion as esr, they don't want repositories larger
than 1 GB.

I also would have preferred GitHub and I think they offer a great free
service. But it is their service and their rules, which I think we
should respect.

--
Regards,
Mark de Wever aka Mordante/SkeletonCrew