Hi,

I'm writing to the list because I've been trying for about a month to find
someone who is able to add new devs to the project. We had two new
contributors who both made several contributions in the form of pull
requests, mostly in August. We have very slowly been reviewing and merging
their patches.

I'm not totally clear what the actual policy is, but it seems likely to me
that one or both of them should be invited to be developers. It is my
understanding that this kind of discussion is initiated in private on irc,
however I have been unable to initiate such for nearly a month now.

After some discussion on irc, it seems that based on this page:
https://github.com/orgs/wesnoth/teams

the only members of the project empowered to grant commit access are
shadowm, AI0867, and Ivanovic. AI0867 has been inactive recently, at least
I haven't seen him log onto irc in the last month. shadowm tells me that he
is on wesbreak of indefinite duration and won't handle such things right
now. Ivanovic does log on periodically, however I haven't gotten a response
to messages I left a week ago.

Anyways this is not meant to fault anyone, everyone is entitled to and
should take breaks, and it doesn't appear that this kind of thing is
anyone's job in particular. But since the limited number of people on this
"owners" list seems to be becoming a bottleneck, I merely want to suggest
that we add some more people, for expedience.

Apologies for the breach of protocol,
Chris Beck