Update:

The new filesystem code has been merged into 1.12 branch. We believe that
all issues have been fixed.

The default is to use the new code. To compile with the old code instead,
there is now an "enable boost filesystem" option for both cmake and scons.
For cmake, the "enable pandora" option overrides it and sets it to false,
and additionally keeps the SDL mixer version at 1.2.0. (The code that
required SDL mixer 1.2.12 is now guarded with #ifdef PANDORA.)

The BFS option causes wesnoth to compile with filesystem_boost.cpp and
gettext_boost.cpp, in place of filesystem.cpp and gettext.cpp.

We have complied and tested with gcc, clang, and mingw, and I tested that
cmake with gcc can compile with the pandora option enabled when pointed at
an SDL mixer 1.2.0 header.

Packagers, if you could, please test that your build system is still
working after the changes.

Best Regards,
Chris Beck