Wow,the responses are certainly getting bigger and better.Does Alaka the
initiator realise that the people who have thus far contributed are already
doing diagnosis and at times without intent providing solutions(interiom and
long term in nature).I implore Counsel Alaka documents the pieces and bits of
info already coming in so that with further discussion these could be built
into actionable solutions.That said, could some one describe in general terms
the conditions under which the majority of the debate contributors passed( and
very well) in the late 80s and 90s. In the same vain the prevailing conditions
now under which no body is virtually passing.the areas to look at may include
but not limited to:Teacher training,motivation and conditions of living(pay,
housing etc).Student motivation,behaviour and
determination.Availability/absence of text books, reading condtions eg
lighting, space.Feeding conditions in schools.Involvement of parents in the
 academic progress of their children.Quality of intake(note UPE)Teacher/Head
teacher rotation.D.E.Os involvementThe evolution of privately paid institutions
right from University Vis a vis the financial affluence of fees payers(you and
I inclisive)etcetc.After such and more analysis we can find some of the
problems by elimination method.Its 6.42 pm av to leave office. Droma M.O