Dear Mr Oguzu,

Thank you for the questions you have raised. These questions have been raised
before but they have not been adequately addressed. Untill we address them they
will continue to haunt us?

To begin with, i joined this forum when it had long existed, as such, i do not
know much about how it was started and what its vision was meant to be.
However, i believe some one must have conceived the idea of coming up with this
forum, shared it with a group of like minded people, taken a decision and acted
upon the decision taken in order to have this forum as it exist today. The
conception of the idea, the emergence of leadership and the building of a core
team must have made it possible for this forum to come into existence.

>From those initial stages the forum has now grown in terms of ideas, people
>involved, and scope which necessitates giving it an identity/name on which
>there is almost a concensus now, it also require us to establish
>organisational structures or positions of leadership and getting people to
>take up these positions to perform specific task explicitly stated or
>implicitly understood on our behalf. To achieve these we can either rely on
>those who came up with the idea of having the forum or some one volunteers to
>lead the process of organising ourselves into an entity or we sporadically
>create a task force to help us turn the forum into a formal organisation.
>Either  way some one has to cause things to happen. The unfortunate part is
>that the initiators seem to have receded to the background and are not helping
>us enough to know whether we are moving in the right direction or not. You
>know the problem with voluntary service. You can not easily
 enforce accountability and compliance.

Depending on where you belong i would like each person to give me an answer the
following questions:

1. As a member of the group who formed the forum what is your view on the way
forward?

2. As a person who joined afterwards what do you think we should do?

Thanks

Sam Andema