I would like to add my support to what Fr. Ruffino Ezama and many others have
said about broadcasting the discussions on the forum on Radio Stations in Arua
without any clear planning and policy issues. I think it is yet premature and
hastily to begin broadcasting these discussions over the radio. Most of these
discussions are not very adept with careful considerations of the pros and cons
of some of the ideas discussed in the forum. Already Fr. Ruffino observed how
some politicians like taking advantage of such information for their own
selfish intentions. I tend to think that mostly in the forum people are
providing their views of what could be or may be, and people are bringing out
some of the issues or problems we have in West Nile. Tackling the issues we
discuss in the forum requires a more proactive and deeper and thoughtful
approach where we evaluate both the negative and positive aspects of the issues
to decide what actions to take in an organized fashion.

This then introduces the question of if and how we can organize ourselves into
an organization and start to attempt addressing some of these issues. I think
the answer is in the affirmative, as some members have already made suggestions
of names like the Global Forum for the Sustainable Development of West Nile.
There are also suggestions of using organizations like WENIRUDA, an
organization which was formed and mainly aimed at youth development and
empowerment. While these and some other suggestions may be good, I would like
to suggest that, we need a new and different organization to be formed
specifically for looking into and dealing with the issues we are discussing on
the forum.

I would like to suggest West Nile Development Commission as an organization we
should form for the purposes of initiating and coordinating regional
development in West Nile. This organization should be independent of local
government, local politics and its main purpose should the the to take care of
and advocate the interests of the people of West Nile without any political,
tribal, religious and gender affiliation across the region. We could then have
the Global Forum for the Sustainable Development of West Nile as an advisory
Committee and a think tank to discuss some of the issues the Development
Commission will implement. WENIRUDA would be responsible for dealing with Youth
development activities.

We have enough skilled manpower in West Nile and for the organization to
succeed, we shall require that one sons and daughters of West Nile will be
responsible for lead the organization. Wes shall need to establish advisory
committees for example Water Resources, Energy Resources, Environment, Land
Resources, Agriculture, Roads, Health, Trade and Economic Investments, Sports,
etc. Such advisory committees shall consist of skilled sons and daughters of
West Nile.

We sons and daughters shall have to support the initial operational and capital
funding costs of the organization and build organization to be a stage  where
the organization is able to begin to generating its own funds from some of the
activities, such as collecting and selling data about West Nile to any
organization planning to operate in West Nile. The organization shall be the
eye of the local population from manipulation from any organization doing
business in West Nile, to ensure that the people  truly benefit from from
activities of organizations operating in West Nile.

The organization will prioritize developments efforts and should be able to
funding sources locally and internationally by positioning itself as as the
facilitator of collaborative regional planning and development.

If such an organization is formed then, some of the reports we have discussed
in forum can be further evaluated by the committees for recommendation for an
action.

The challenge we have is can we all skilled sons and daughters of West Nile
Step up and carryout  this immense task with devotion and a zeal to develop
West Nile, and make our region a better place for our future generation?

Over to you brothers and Sisters.

Vasco Oguzua.