..and again it comes up!
Its I think more than a year ever since I last posted asking for help in
learning my "mother tongue" and I wont stop seeking that basic identity
that I dont have.
If any of you knows of anyone who can or is capable of tutoring me to learn
our "frequency", please avail yourself and save a "son of the soil".
This confession comes with utnost pure intent.

On Sunday, 28 April 2013,  <keb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Caleb,
>
> Well said (or written) and on point.
>
> Kenneth Amagu
> S e n t   f r o m   m y   B l a c k B e r r y ®   s m a r t p h o n e

language. Lugbara language for long has been made complicated by Lugbaras
failure to Open Up and learn other languages. Most of our people who lived
in Kampala in 1970s did not learn Luganda. Reason was that the Baganda were
proud. Most Lugbaras some tine ago could not learn  Kakwa, Madi or Alur,
reason, some naive superiority complex and defining Arua as the boundary of
what they need. If you have interest in learning other languages and you
open up to other people, your language begins to grow and with new terms
adopted it becomes rich. why should we have one word for example 'ti' to
mean, mouth, language, cow, giving birth e.t.c, why should we still call a
girl child as 'eza mva' after meat, and not oku mva, since male species are
'agupia mva' and 'tia mva' ndria anva, aua mva, for animals. in Uganda,
various events and tabloids are building a certain diction and they have
imported words which is bound to remain part of our diction, semantics and
create our English. In Uganda today names of places far away mean different
things, I do not intend to vulgarize the debate but for example Kandahar,
Vuvuzela,  mean different things in Uganda. Now because of trade and
movements, attitudes are changing, Lubgaras can now speak Kakwa, Madi,
Luganda, e.t.c. I am sure as more people speak a dialect of Lugbara which
is not typical Vura, Terego, Maracha or Ayivu, we are bound to develop a
high breed which cuts across the small counties called tribes in Arua and
hopefully our language will become simpler to learn.

--
Buchsa All rights reserved.