Herold Heiko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Personally I'd be happy either way, but you'll never be able to make
> happy everybody. Choose what you prefer

I'd love to choose what I prefer, but I'd like to avoid my wild
preferences ruining it for everyone else.  :-)  Thanks for the
support, though.

> In the style of my previous post, if you choose a closed-open
> interval, something like NOTE whole file = 0..size !!!  (yeah
> tripple exclamation marks, sign of a diseased mind - should make
> people think fair enough).

Actually, ".." sounds more like closed-closed to me.  :-)  (That must
be Pascal childhood rearing its ugly head.)  How about supporting
both?  For example:

1.
--range=1..size         # wimps, or:
--range=0..size-1       # slightly less wimpy, but less "consistent"

2.
--range=0-size          # real (wo)men

3.
--range=0+size          # both

Or, to pick another example, say you want to download the second
kilobyte of a file:

--range=1025..2048
--range=1024..2047

--range=1024-2048       # my preferred version

--range=1024+1024       # also cool