On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> >> --range=1025..2048
> >> --range=1024..2047
>
> Only one of those statements will be a valid way of downloading the
> second kilobyte of a file.  The question is, which one.
>
> The first one assumes the first byte in the file is "1", the second one
> assumes it's "0".  Both are inclusive.

I vote for the second alternative. Being (non Python-) programmer, reader of
the RFC2616 and user/author of the curl --range option that uses the HTTP
header syntax...

Then again, both versions could be supported if they just use different
syntaxes.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77