Hello, people at wget-list!

First of all let me thank you for your great utility.

Can I suggest a feature, that may further enhance wget?

I'm pretty unhappy with current wget logging possibilities, beause I
need to log all messages to logfile _and_ monitor downloading in
console window. (Both options -o and -a are blocking console output).

Is there a chance to have another one option (say, -oo) which will
create logfile in current directory (without blocking console output)?
The created log-file may be named smth like this:
<name_of_downloaded_file>.log or <name_of_downloaded_file>.wget.log
(wget20011206b.zip.log, miranda.exe.log etc).

So running "wget -N -oo http://some.url/test.zip"; will create log
file test.zip.log in directory, where test.zip is saved. Of course,
this option will be useful only for downloading single files, not for
recursive web-site retrieving.

Or, maybe it is much easier just to unblock console output when using
-o and -a options?

What do you think about it?

Thank you!

--
Best regards,
 Valery Kondakoff                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

np: Novel 23 - The Gateway From Fairy-tale (Melodies Of Childhood For Advanced
Imagination)