On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, [iso-8859-2] Dražen Kačar wrote:

> Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>
> > According to OpenGroup's web site, AI_ADDRCONFIG flag should be of use
> > here.  Should I be worried that the getaddrinfo man page on my (RHL 9)
> > system doesn't mention AI_ADDRCONFIG?
>
> Yes. The end of OpenGroup's man page says:
>
>      IEEE Std 1003.1-2001/Cor 1-2002, item XSH/TC1/D6/20 is applied, making
>      changes for alignment with IPv6. These include the following:
>
>        * Adding AI_V4MAPPED, AI_ALL, and AI_ADDRCONFIG to the allowed
>          values for the ai_flags field
>
> "Cor 1-2002" is corrigendum 1 for POSIX/SUSv3 and it's probably too new
> addition to be implemented, especially considering that no one implements
> the current POSIX without corrigendum yet. Even when some systems
> implement that flag for getaddrinfo, you'll want to run on systems which
> predate corrigendum 1.

IIRC, all *BSD systems support AI_ADDRCONFIG via the libinet6 library.
glibc does not support AI_ADDRCONFIG yet.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 with Linux  http://www.deepspace6.net
Ferrara Linux User Group        http://www.ferrara.linux.it