--- Jochen Roderburg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are you really sure that the file you want
> has the name ?.file with a question mark
> character??

Not a question mark in wget, or when I sent
the mail - it seems that Yahoo mangles it on
the way out (another case of characters in
the upper half of the ascii table - which I
DID mention - not handled correctly).

You can see the actual character here (E9):

http://bbsinc.com/pic/fnt-mswin.gif

Wget did send (what looks like) the correct
encoding (which usually works, but did not
in this case). Since Opera can retrieve the
file, some way does exist to send the name
in a way that the server understands it (the
"forbidden" message does seem a little odd,
though - I would have expected the server to
return a "not found."