Hi,
I have a webpage that has some html text that has been pasted from MS Word and the quote char ' is a special "type", ie not the ascii one. This char displays fine in IE/Firefox. However, when I spider the page with Wget (windows) it encodes this character in a funny way e.g.  areaâ€(tm)s  = area's. The spidered html page does then not display properly in IE/Firefox as the char is not decoded.

Is this correct behaviour, any idea how to fix? It happens on number of chars not just the quote, but I use that as an example. I am not an expert on character encoding so go easy.

Thanks.