Vladimir Volovich wrote:
"MT" == Mauro Tortonesi writes:

 >> I addressed this "bug" in wget few months ago.  See the fix here:

 MT> hi frank,

 MT> i am going to test and apply your patch later this week, as well
 MT> as many other pending patches. unfortunately i am still working
 MT> on my ph.d.  thesis at the moment, so i don't have much time to
 MT> work on wget.  however, since i believe my thesis should be ready
 MT> tomorrow or wednesday at most, i am planning to spend the rest of
 MT> the week to catch up with wget.

are there any news on the wget update?

hrvoje fixed this problem more than one month ago. from the ChangeLog:

2006-02-27  Hrvoje Niksic  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * url.c (path_simplify): Don't preserve ".." at beginning of path.
        Suggested by Frank McCown.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net