J. Grant wrote:
Hi,

On 14/05/06 21:26, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

"J. Grant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Could an extra value be added which lists the average rate? "average
rate: xx.xx K/s" ?

Unfortunately it would have problems fitting on the line.

Perhaps the progress bar would be reduced?

i don't think that would be a good idea.

or the default changed to be the average rate?

i don't think that would be a good idea either. but...

or if neither of those are suitable, could a conf file setting be added so we can switch between average rate, and current rate?

...this is an interesting proposal. however, my todo list is already *HUGE* and grows larger every day. so i really doubt i will have time to implement this feature (at least for the next months). you're very welcome to proceed w/ the development of configurable average calculation code and send me a patch, though.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net