Hello

Martin McEvoy wrote:
@rev = This relates to That, or a rev="help" link indicates that the current document is "help" for the resource indicated by the href. @rel = That relates to This, or a rel="help" link indicates that the resource indicated by the href is "help" for the current document.

Anyway I give up, this discussion is getting a little too testy, If you, And many others don't understand the point I am trying to make, what progress is there to be made, Its all just wasted time (something I don't have right now), Im sure HTML5 will be great for Browser Vendors, for the Humble author well we'll see.

Thanks everyone for your...er...kind words

see ya ;-)

I agree Almost ALL cases of rev="made" rel="author" can be used INSTEAD, I apologize over my denial of this fact, the truth is Most people do not use @rev=made the same way as I would :-[

I had a look at over 150 (not a lot but this was done my manually looking at the source of the pages) examples of rev="made" almost 90% were links like this,

<link rev="made" href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]"/>

the rest were like this

<link rev="made" href="http://HOST.DOMAIN"/>

or this:

<a rev="made" href="http://HOST.DOMAIN";>foo</a>

and this

<a rev="made" href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">foo</a>

In all the cases I looked at rel="author" can be used Instead,

Moral: Should have done my homework FIRST :-)

Its still a shame to lose @rev though It has been around for a while http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/draft-ietf-iiir-html-01.txt and despite its misuse its still a very handy attribute (used in the right way)

Best wishes.

--
Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/