Siterer Ian Hickson <i...@hixie.ch>:

Note that I recently checked in some changes to <script> to expose a
readyState IDL attribute and to fire 'readystatechange' events, based on
what IE has implemented here.

Hi Ian,
as far as I know Opera is currently the only browser that supports both script.onload and script.onreadystatechange, and this is causing us compatibility problems because many scripts set both and expect only one of them to run. For this reason, we plan to drop script.onreadystatechange support. Including it in the spec may not be a good idea, since in our experience firing both load and readystatechange events on SCRIPT will be painful. I suggest removing the latter again.

-- Hallvord