On 9/9/11 5:46 AM, Hallvord R. M. Steen wrote:
All in all, this problem has bitten us many times on major sites, wasted
many hours of QA time on complex analysis, required site patches for
Hotmail and tripadvisor.com, and is still a potential compat problem
with Facebook code. I expect to keep running into issues caused by this
until we remove script.onreadystatechange support.

The other obvious option is to only have onreadystatechange properties on documents and media elements.

Ian, maybe the on* props for events that don't bubble should not be in the "appears on all elements" list in general? The ones that do bubble make more sense there.

-Boris