On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:00:51 +0900, Chris Pearce <cpea...@mozilla.com> wrote:
Yeah, I suggest that if requestFullScreen() is called when another element is already the fullscreen element, the new requestee should become the fullscreen element.

A use case for this is: a fullscreen page with a cross-domain <video> and the <video> wants to go fullscreen. For example if a slide-deck/PowerPoint clone webapp goes fullscreen and wants to make an embedded YouTube video fullscreen. The easiest way to do this is load the YouTube video in an embedded iframe and (assuming you're using their HTML5 player and that uses the fullscreen API) click on the fullscreen button in its controls UI.

As I explained on IRC this use case does not work well.

Site A embeds site B. Site A goes fullscreen. Site B does requestFullscreen(). Site B does exitFullscreen(). Site A is no longer fullscreen.

Either we need to base fullscreen on browsing contexts rather than top-level browsing contexts (how?) or give up on this use case.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/