On 1/17/12 7:37 PM, James Robinson wrote:
The way that these sorts of schemes work is that the server knows that a
set of resources are needed in addition to the main resource and it
starts sending them down before the client has received/parsed the main
resource.  The server serving foo.html can have a pretty good idea about
whether foo.html contains the string "<script src=foo.js>" so there
isn't any real reason for it to not serve foo.js at the same time
assuming that the underlying protocol can handle such a thing.  In
situations with high RTTs and reasonable bandwidth (like common mobile
networks) this can be a big win.

I bring this up to make sure that we aren't making promises about
resource loads that we can't keep.

Yeah, makes sense.  Such promises are precisely what I'd like to avoid, yes.

-Boris