no but if you override getModel() then the model property will never be set!
So for example if you override getModel() and there you return a
IComponentInhertiable model
or something like that then we will never find that. Because we don't call
getModel() any more
(that in your case would return a model for that component) but we would
look at the model field
that in your case again will never be set.

There are more places where we now directly look at the model for example
detachModel()
that doesn't do getModel() it again looks directly to the model variable
So if you would override getModel() your model will never be detached.

johan

On 4/26/07, Jan Vermeulen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Johan Compagner wrote:

> ahh and that is the change why getModel() needs to be final now...
> because here and there we are directly looking at the model field
instead
> of
> calling getModel()
> so if you would override getModel() all that code would fail (or always
> see
> a null value)
>
> johan

Sorry, I don't get that. If you don't call getModel(), how can an
overwritten version break your code ? It would if you were calling
getModel(), but that's just what it no longer does !

Jan.