Thank you all for your input. It has been very valuable. Even though
we didn't copy a verbatim description available in this thread, we
took the meaning of what you said and applied the legal lingo
necessary for a board resolution establishing the Apache Wicket
project.

      [...] to establish a Project, to be known as
      "Apache Wicket Project", related to the creation and maintenance
      of open source software, grounded in object oriented programming
      principles, for creating highly dynamic, component oriented web
      applications for distribution at no charge to the public.

You can see the proposal in its full glory here:

http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Graduate-Apache-Wicket-from-the-incubator-tf3811378.html

The proposals in this thread will certainly be incorporated into the
website and release notes. I thank you all for participating in this
effort, and I hope that you will continue trying to come up with a
great introductory paragraph for the Apache Wicket project.

Best regards,

Martijn

Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org