If it doesn't have major API consequences, I don't mind getting it in.

How much extra memory are we talking about? Is the usecase for the
border to be used as much as the AttributeModifier? Or is it more used
once or twice on a page?

We had to optimize one of our pages to remove the AttributeModifiers
to save on memory (had to is a bit strong, but it saved quite a bit
over all user sessions): it had about 1000 or so AM's on it.

If the usecase for the border is similar, taking another look at the
added memory consumption may not be a bad thing. That said, I doubt
that the border is as widely used as the AM, so it may not pose a big
problem.

Martijn

--
Wicket joins the Apache Software Foundation as Apache Wicket
Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta2 is released