Considering that having more than one constructor seems to scare out
noobs (take a look at DDC for a prime example), having them, when they
are not necessary, is not good for the API.

The constructor of a component is the first thing any one sees when
using it (apart from the LongAndVerboseClassNameOfTheComponent), so
not having the parameter there makes the learning curve less.

Martijn