On Wednesday, July 11, 2007, 9:19:51 AM, Johan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Ugh. We still seem to be changing lots of fundamental stuff, don't we. :-)
>>
>> I vote:
>> [x] deprecate them for beta3
>>
>> We could possibly remove them for rc1, but that makes migration from
>> 1.2.x harder, doesn't it?

> i personally don't care that much about breaking stuff for 1.3.
> We really need to streamline the api i think for 1.3 so that we don't have
> to break a lot in the further anymore
> lets make 1.3 a very solid base..

I do - that's the reason that we /always/ slip releases, as there's
/always/ just one more "let's tidy this up" change.

It also means that committers don't feel any big urge to ship
releases, as they're still tweaking as they want, while normal
users are still waiting for a stable release they can use.

/Gwyn