Yes you are wrong.

Db40 is an oodbms - it's concept equivalent to hibernate+rdbms - its just a
persistence store.

Having code like this

Class Person {
        private long id;
        private String username;
        private String firstname;
        private String lastname;

        ...getters/setters...

        public void save() {...}
        public void loadById(long id) {...}
}

Can be done with anything from hibernate to db40 to jdbc - its still a poor
way to write an application.

-Igor