I don't agree with that. You want the DataView, I want JasperReports
and Dojo, and someone else wants some other project. The net effect
would be a lot of dependencies for one download.

What we still should do is:
* Make releases of the wicket-stuff projects. This has been on our
radar for weeks now, but we keep on being bussy with other stuff
(which is not very visible, but I can assure you working on a decent
book proposal takes up a lot of time). All wicket-stuff committers can
make file releases etc. It would help if anyone stepped up and did
some of the work.
* I have always been in favor of delivering a special distribution,
which would include the wicket-core projects (wicket,
wicket-extensions and wicket-examples) and some of the more popular
wicket-stuff projects, like dataview.

I'd like to stress the reasons for /not/ including projects like
dataview in the core distribution:
* Too many dependencies. We want to keep the number of dependencies of
core as small as possible.
* Too many classes will confuse people where to start looking for
stuff; having it add-on packages will make their intention much
clearer.
* Not everyone agrees with the approach taken in project x, so they
want to see project y shipped as well. Dataview was set up because
people didn't agree do the code I initially contributed for doing
database (Hibernate) stuff.

Eelco