just make links like:

wicket will make those links absolute.

johan

On 2/26/06, David Leangen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I finally have some time to start looking into this some more...

> Why don't you just provide some bookmarkable links to your
> template designer?
>
> MyApplication.java:
> mountBookmarkablePage("/links/coolPage", CoolPage.class);
>
> Then its up to the web designer if he wants to include a link or not:
>
> Page(_xx).html:
> Take a look at <a href="" page</a>!

I tried this, and it seems promising, BUT, there is a major problem to this
approach:

This assumes that the root context is "/", which is not always true. For
this to work like you suggest, the author would have to write:

  Take a look at <a href="" page</a>!

Unfortunately, this is not acceptable. The author should have no idea of
context. The link must be relative to the application "top" page.

Also, my css and image links break when I use mountable pages. Again, it is
not acceptable to have to write href="">

Otherwise, I very much like the idea of mountable links.

WDYT?