Anyway, there is a solution for it now... deferred session creation
:). It's in 2.0, didn't make 1.2 unfortunately, as it would mean two
API breaks, but it is scheduled for 1.3 whenever that comes out (I
guess that depends on how badly people want it) and you can apply the
patch I sent earlier for 1.2.

Eelco