dear community,

the core wicket team has decided to join the ASF and make wicket a top level apache project (wicket.apache.org)

to those unfamiliar with the game, it goes something like this:

* the wicket team puts in a proposal to ASF ( http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/WicketProposal )

* the apache powers that be vote on whether or not they want wicket in the ASF ( need 3 +1 and 0 -1 )

* if the vote passes wicket will enter the apache incubator and our infrastructure will move to incubator.apache.org. we will have website, SVN, jira, and confluence.

* when wicket is ready to graduate it will move to a top level apache project next to struts/tapestry/etc and our infrastructure will move to apache.org ( wicket.apache.org)

if you are interested please read the proposal, it outlines what we hope to give and get from the ASF.

if you have any concerns or thoughts this would be a good time to have a discussion

-Igor

PS. im hoping apache mailing lists dont have outages as often as sf.net. im sending this on 7/26 6pm PST, lets see when it gets to you... :)