On 7/27/06, Steven Mak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I have some queries on this:

- What's the benefits of joining ASF then?

the benefits that we see are outlined in the proposal - there is a link in my original email

- How to determine if Wicket is "ready" to graduate?

here is a quote from irc on the subject from one of our ASF mentors:
<Upayavira> pchapman: see http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exiting+the+Incubator
<Upayavira> pchapman: There are concretes, but there is also the more subtle stuff - do people feel you've integrated into ASF. That's the more vague stuff.

- How do ASF decides who is joining them? They already have Struts, Tapestry, and some others related frameworks. Do they have any criteria to choose? or would they take it as any kind of "conflicts" due to similar nature with existing projects?

im not 100% sure. like i stated in the orig email, we put the proposal in and if we get 3 +1 and 0 -1 we are in as far as the incubation goes.

i will cc our ASF mentors, they might have more to say since they are more knowledgable in the ways of the ASF. the wicket team, i think i speak for all of us, is not very much into the beurocratic stuff so this is as much a learning experience for us as it is for you. we are coders :)

-Igor