In the wiki's documentation;

http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Lifecycle

I found the following description of Servicing a Request;

1. Wicket asks the Application class to create a Session for the servlet
request. If no session exists for the incoming request, a Session object is
created using the application's session factory.

Does this mean that a HTTPSession is created upon a page request?  Basically
I'm a little worried that if I have an application that has a security in
front of it (a login page) that a HTTPSession doesn't get created when the
user hits the login page but rather only when they are sucessfully validated
via the login page.

It this assumption correct? and if so is there a way to override this
functionality, say only create a session if the page being requested is not
the home page?