if you want to support that
always redirect to a Bookmarkable page class

setResponsePage(MyPage.class)
setRedirect(true)

johan

On 11/22/06, cowwoc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I think you're missing a very important use-case. I created a
Wicket
webapp at work, what happens on a weekly basis is that someone sees
something he wants to discuss so he copy/pastes the URL from his browser
into an email. Non-nice URLs shouldn't even be visible for people to
mistakenly export.

        Sometimes someone just wants to give someone else a link to my
webapp
(not expecting it to display anything in particular) and it just so
happens their browser has it open with a non-nice URL. Again, they will
copy/paste that and the receiver will get an ugly URL and Page Expired.

Gili

Johan Compagner wrote:
> when do you "choose" an url?
>
> urls only have to be "nice" when they are "exported" like links you
> click on in external resources, mails for example
>
> internally it doesn't matter to much for the webapplications you make
> with wicket.
>
> johan
>

> On 11/22/06, *cowwoc* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>

>             heh, if I had to choose between:
>
>     http://www.google.com/Start.html
>
>             and
>
>     http://www.google.com/Main/Start?wicket:interface=:0::
>
>             I'd choose the first time time and time again. There is the
>     interface
>     part which I'd love to hide from users (they shouldn't ever be
>     explicitly pasting that anyway because you'll end up with Page
Expired)

http://howardlewisship.com/blog/2006/10/tapestry-5-screencast-2.html

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV>