Ryan wrote:
> [...]
> 1. Session support. Many other web frameworks do not use sessions out of
> the box. Wicket uses the session extensively to store the render state
> of most renders. This leads to a large session and if you are not
> careful a VERY large session. I understand Wicket 1.3 will address this
> however for the time being this is an important issue to be aware of
> when evaluating Wicket ( for instance the simple act of using Link to
> create a link that executes java code when clicked causes the entire
> page and children to be stored in the session).

I don't think that will be any different in 1.3, for a standard Link.
You want the magic, you gotta pay for it. The good thing is that landing
pages and major entry points (that are bounce-heavy anyway) can soon be
done in Wicket without opening unused sessions. You can make as many
pages/links bookmarkable and stateless as you need to. So  using Wicket
site-wide will be a lot easier argument to make, and we'll never have to
write JSPs again! Yay!

(An entirely stateless Wicket app would be, in my mind, throwing out the
baby...)

Nathan