On Mar 6, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Eelco Hillenius wrote:
> 1) Who uses 2.0 for serious projects?
We're using 1.2.x for now.

> 2) What do you think of the constructor change? Do you prefer 1.3's
> add style or 2.0's style of passing in the parent construction time.
Absolutely prefer the 1.3/1.2 style. I've spent a good deal of time
trying to warm up to the 2.0 style under the assumption that we would
use it eventually, but I still think the add style is more intuitive
and readable. As a new user, I'm not accustomed to either one yet --
I just found the add style immediately more appealing.

I'm also not very excited about the supposed technical benefits of
the constructor change. It sounds like there are more disadvantages
(less flexibility, more complexity) than advantages overall.

> 3) If we would ever backtrack on the constructor change (*if*, don't
> panic for now) how much trouble would that give you?
Obviously it wouldn't cause me any trouble since I'm not using 2.0,
and it would actually save me the trouble of having to think about
whether or not my current code will work in 2.0.

Having said all that, if you guys felt strongly that the 2.0
constructor style was a major step forward and that the API breakage
was justified, I would get on board and support it.

-Ryan