> Yes, you need one prototype bean definition for each injected page
> and/or component. That's the spring way after all. You get all the power of
> XmlApplicationContext (with which you can do more that vanilla injection) at
> the expense of dealing with xmls.

in my apps i use a lot of panels, not just pages. so that would mean
having something like 300 bean defs in xml. that is a big no thank you.

I won't argue, yours is an absolutely valid point. Still there is the
spring-annotations subproject that allows you to inject dependencies by
simply annotating your components, besides a lot of other facilities.

i wouldnt be able to do this with @Configurable because since my
genericdataprovider is not @Configurable and there is no way to make it so
it cannot restore its, what would have to be a transient, reference to the
genericfinder.

I clearly see what you mean now. Maybe you can define another pointcut for
the ConfigurerAspect that is not annotation based so you can advice classes
which you are not able to modify. But anyway the simplicity that appealed me
at first about my suggestion was somewhat lost in the way. As a newbie I
would ask: is your example an every day case or a contrived degenerate case
or somewhere in the middle?

Cheers,
Carlos

-igor

Anyway I'm still not sure whether my proposal is technically correct or
> not.
>

> > just my 2c, at the end its whatever works best for you
>

> Ditto :).
>
> Cheers,
> Carlos
>

> -igor
> >

> > On 3/23/07, Carlos Pita < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm very new to Wicket (with no more than a few hours of fly). I
> > > would like to integrate it with the spring AplicationContext/BeanFactory
so
> > > I've been reading the solutions described in
> > > http://www.wicket-wiki.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Spring. I've nothing to
> > > object to them but I think it would be possible to get the integration by
> > > means of the @Configurable annotation that spring 2 offers too. This
> > > annotation injects dependencies upon bean instantiation (ie. with new)
based
> > > on a prototype scope bean definition. Also from version 2.0.3onwards this
annotation would inject dependencies after deserialization as
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-2896