________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of xrogue
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:49 PM
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Wicket-user] Framework Evaluation

We are currently evaluating GWT, Tapestry and Wicket for our company. We
would like to pick one that we can standardize on for the entire company
to build all of our new web products on going forward. I managed to get
Wicket to Round 2 ;-), but our architects have some lingering concerns
that I simply cannot address in the short time I have been working with
Wicket. So, I have some questions that I hope people can answer, or at
least point me in the right direction to look for the answers ;-) I am
currently working with Wicket 1.2.5...

1.      I have found comparisons between Wicket and Tapestry (and JSF),
but none between Wicket and GWT. Are there any out there?
2.      When using GWT, you appear to get AJAX for free. We are trying
to produce Wicket code to a) add dynamic components to a web page at
runtime and b) have those components (like a link) modify an existing
component when selected, all on the client-side with no calls back to
the server. Is there any code available that demonstrates this
capability? We have looked through the Ajax examples and could not find
a good demonstration of that...
3.      Given the following HTML element <wicket:fragment
wicket:id="favTagFrag"><a href='#' onClick='javascript:addTag("tagBox",
"<div wicket:id='tag'></div>")'><div
wicket:id="link">link</div></a></wicket:fragment>, is there a way to
have it rendered in browser as <a href="#"
onClick='javascript.addTag("tagBox", "foo")'><div
wicket:id="link">foo</div></a>? In other words, we are looking for a way
to replace "<div wicket:id='tag'</div>" with "foo"

Thanks for any assistance,

rhogue