https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/branches/wicket-1.x/wicket-benchmark

> I'm quite new to wicket and I like the concept.
> However I'm going to build an application that serves many clients at
> once, so I think performance matters.

Imo, you should take any of these benchmarks with a big grain of salt.
It all depends on your setup etc.

More importantly, regarless of how interesting these tests might look,
the web framework (unless you're using RoR or something) will *not* be
the determining factor in your performance and scalability (and please
note that scalability has not much to do with performance per se).
Your database layer is much more likely to be what breaks down when
your system will start receiving big load.

> Is it possible to create
> a large scalable application with wicket?

Sure. That's what we're using it for.

Best thing to do is test yourself. And I'd recommend you to use
something more useful than HelloWorld.