Can we "vote" on this issue? can I call this an issue?

Igor gracefully pointed me to the Model article in the wiki, but this
article is mostly "Object Structure", and "How to Apply it..." but lacks a
little on how is model updated and passed throughout the framework. It
surely taught me though. :)

Is it possible to ask understood community members to divide papers or small
overview articles on different aspects like the ones listed below?

And therefore we might have some good data to compile into a nice PDF
regarding Wicket's inner workings and architecture.

With a good paper like that one, the goal would be to auto-answer questions
like this one:

"*Is it possible to use setMarkupStream to assign html to a web page?* "
(posted a minute ago by "Thomas R. Corbin")

This is a question regarding inner workings, because the Answer is some
IMarkupResourceStreamProvider, and where is this information a part from
articles on How-To's.

Wicket is Awsome, this should be written on some paper showing architecture
and core components behavior.

regards to all,

-f(t)

On 5/3/07, Matthew Kwong <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

>I'm not new to Wicket, I'm using it for about a year, but there still a
lot
aspects obscure to me like PageMap, page versioning, details of page
request
cycle and so on.

me too, I also think some more core concept needs more documentation, pro
wicket is nice and can get you going with tables, ajax, pages, tabbedpanel
etc, but 300pages does not reach to the point of explaining tons of
stuffs,
especially with new 1.3 features.

I was waiting Wicket in action, any news still after the constructor
changes
drop?

Matthew

Paolo Di Tommaso wrote:

> Anyway Francisco is right, I'm also thinking that Wicket is really
missing
> good tutorial about core concepts.
>
> I'm not new to Wicket, I'm using it for about a year, but there still a
> lot
> aspects obscure to me like PageMap, page versioning, details of page
> request
> cycle and so on.
>
> Wicket is really a good framework that covers every details of the web
> application stack (and they are many and many not just web page
rendering
> ..), but I'm thinking that a good tutorial about Wicket core concepts
> would
> be very useful to novice users as well as experts.
>

> Thank you.
>
> - Paolo
>

> On 5/3/07, Igor Vaynberg < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> as far as models go
>>

>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Working+with+Wicket+models

>> -igor
>>

>> On 5/3/07, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I will be glad to help out in any way.
>> >
>> > Here are my thoughts to the community.
>> >
>> > If we could talk about core wiket ideas and implementations, for
>> > instance:
>> >
>> > Models (Concept, interfaces, implementations)
>> > Session
>> > Application
>> > Pages
>> >
>> > Listeners
>> > Versioning
>> > Request and Response Cycles
>> >
>> > Page Life Cycle.
>> >

>> > The thing is, it is not the same (AT ALL) to build a wicket
application
>> > than it is to build a struts application (Other than struts sucks :P)
>> which
>> > are the concepts and design guidelines we should have?
>> >
>> > That is what I am trying to address.
>> >
>> > Because of my current infinite ignorance, I might not be the right
>> > person to build this type of document.
>> >
>> > Although I could write some docs after I get an Idea from the Book
>> > Pro-Wicket or Wicket-Pro (don't remember just know) and migrate to
1.3,
>> > and do some other demos. I think I could start writing in about a
month
>> or
>> > so.
>> >
>> > Other than that any thing else I could do would be nice to help out.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > f(t)

>> answer them

>> lot of