Hi, i would like to share our experiences of our wicket project. Our project
is a turism portal which has booking functionalities with different products
and tourism guides,contents etc.  I want to draw your attention that
"tourism guides,contents" part!  That would mean lots of wicket pages
because of thousands of different touristic places, pictures, texts,
different layouts and so on. But it have been successfully separated as
html development and java development in the project.
There is a wicket page that responsible for showing those static contents
inside. Every static site page has "resourceId" parameter and this parameter
is processed and returned in "getVariation()" overriden method. How wicket
knows panels and components inside a contentPage on runtime. The answer is
behind "autoAdd()" method. Implement "IComponentResolver" interface and its
"resolve(MarkupContainer container, MarkupStream markupStream, ComponentTag
tag)" method in your content page. Inside that implemented method, a content
service finds and returns the component with "tag.getId()". Then component
is added by "autoAdd(component)". This is java part of dynamically component
resolving and adding to markup render. (also have a look in
AutoComponentResolver
class)
In html content part, a commercial CMS application is used to manage static
contents such as guides, tourism contents, any layout with "wicket:id"
attributes for components which will be loaded dynamically.
I am grateful to wicket-guys for that they created a framework like this.
Because, at once and ever first time in my programing life, i didnt care
about html part of the application :) Since all you know, html developers
create web site and html layouts, and then we -as developers- had put our
dynamic code blocks, expressions, custom jsp tags etc. at past!
here are the urls of our application for example to a wicket application in
such a heavy-loaded ecommerce:
www.avigo.de , www.dertour.de, www.atlasreisen.de, www.der.de,
www.meiers-weltreisen.de, www.adacreisen.de
these sites can be completely success-stories of Wicket-Hibernate-Spring
triology.
Regards,

Kadir Sener GUMUS