> On account of the serialization, yes this will become a problem for
> your backbutton support.
> wicket tries to serialize every page to disk and later retrieve it
> when a user used the browsers backbutton and then performs an action
> where it is necessary to go back to the server.

One note here is that setSerializeSessionAttributes is only available
in Wicket 1.2, where we don't serialize whole pages to disk but rather
keep a couple of deltas of pages in memory. So if it doesn't complain
when setSerializeSessionAttributes is set to false, it's not really a
problem unless you decide to cluster your application using a
clustering tech that uses serialization (for instance Terracotta
doesn't).