I agree with Gun here from the design point of view.

> productions site sends messages for all types of productionsites every time
> the production fails - this is too many messages, and AI has to catch them,
> find out if it is the right receiver, filter out non-mines, and finally
> iterate over mines to find the right one. So much code, and (CPU) overhead in
> comparison to may actual design.

Pff - one virtual function call and less than an hundred checks for each time a
productionsite sends a message. This will not even show up in any profile. Code
quality trumps performance until performance prooves to be an issue.

> This is how you seems to undestand the work of a mine; my undestanding is:
> SSSSSSFSSSSFSSFSSSFFSSSFFSFFFFSSFFFFFSFFFFFFF

Well, Gun is closer it is:
SSSSSSSSSSSSFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSFFFFFFFFFFSFFSFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSFFFFF.

5% - no need to keep track of it really.

> I am trying to push the CPU utilization of AI down, so this is against my
> effort. But I could live with it :( :( :(

I am supportive of this. But profile before assuming what the bottlenecks are.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/tibor-ai5/+merge/228762
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch