On Thu, 03 May 2012 03:41:59 -0600, Richard Jensen wrote:
JSTOR reports there were about 300 articles on Shakespeare a year in
scholarly journals in 1997 to 2006; none of them are cited, nor any
since then and only one before then.  This is typical as well of
political and military history. Wiki editors are not using scholarly
journals. I assume that is because they are unaware of them. ~~~~

But is there smth in these publications which is not in the standard textbooks and should be necessarily cited for the general audience? Shakespeare is pretty well covered by textbooks, and from what I know there were no breakthroughs in the last 50 years at least. We can not put all the info in one article.

Cheers
Yaroslav