I agree the issues are not necessarily about male-female interactions. It
may be about bully-victim interactions. I often suspect we are seeing an
online form of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

playing out, where anyone can choose to be the prison guard enforcing the
rules (of which we have plenty) taking advantage of the lack of real-world
accountability (thanks to pseudonymity).

However, in terms of any kind of metric to measure progress, I think
measuring Male/Female/DontKnow is a lot more viable than trying to count the
number of bullies and victims (or powerful vs less powerful).

I think if we can make Wikipedia more attractive to women, I rather suspect
we make it a more attractive place for everyone.

Kerry